lc-buttons (direkt) - diesen Eintrag nicht löschen oder verschieben!
1. How much Deeflexx do I need?
The Deeflexx was developed primarily for the 12“ guitar loudspeaker, although it also functions with 10“ and 15“ as well. In front of every loudspeaker a Deeflexx must be brought in position, e.g. : 2 X 12 Combo / cabinet = 2 Deeflexx units.
2. Does the Deeflexx need a connection to the amplifier or electricity?
No – the Deeflexx needs absolutely no connections, it functions as a mechanical sound deflection unit
3. Is the Deeflexx suited for 4 X 12“ cabinets?
(1) No – the beam of the higher loudspeaker continues unchanged. The Deeflexx has been developed for loudspeakers close to the floor, with the loudspeaker height maximally 50 cm – see the operating instructions.
(2) Yes – with reservation: In close-up range (up to approx. 2 m angled cabinet, up to approx. 4 m straight cabinet) the sound is brightened up (no beam audible), only at a specific distance away does the beam of the higher up loudspeaker become audible. The audibility increases impressively within the close-up range in smaller rehearsal rooms and on smaller stages, the beam only has an audible effect when further away.
(3) Yes – with reservation: Two Deeflexx units are positioned in front of the bottom loudspeaker, the sound is dispersed as with a 2 X 12“ cabinet. The higher loudspeaker is switched off or is disconnected, so that it functions as a passive membrane as with a bass reflex system opening, the deep frequencies of the active cabinets are enhanced. The sound behind the cabinet is not as transparent, while the reflected sound of the higher cabinets are screened off. (Example)
(The impedance of the loudspeakers change when one disconnects them, first consult an expert!)
4. Is the Deeflexx suited for a 2 X 10“ and 4 X 10“ bass loudspeaker?
Yes – the beam effect with bass amplifiers and cabinets is scarcely interfering, however, an evenly distribution of the higher frequencies is preferred. In the close-up range, significant improvements are always possible in this manner, depending on the height and construction type of the loudspeakers, the beam is audible at a distance from approx. 4 meter.
5. Is the Deeflexx suited for 1 X 15 and 2 x 15“ bass combos and loudspeakers?
Yes – combos are preferably set higher or are tilted to improve audibility. Because of the large distance to the floor or the sound radiation to the top the amp loses warmth and foundation (Bass Coupling Effect). With Deeflexx the combo remains on the floor, and the high frequencies are distributed evenly throughout the room.
6. Is the Deeflexx suited for 1 X10“, 2 X 10“ and 4 X 10“ guitar loudspeakers?
Yes – with 1 X 10“ and 2 X 10“ the beam is effectively eliminated and a homogeneous sound persists in the surroundings.
Yes – with reservation: with 4 X 10“ the higher loudspeakers radiate over the top of Deeflexx, the beam remains less audible. In the close-up range, an evenly sound distribution can however be taken for granted.
7. Is the Deeflexx suited for keyboard amplifiers?
Yes – if the bass loudspeaker is powered without audio crossover, i.e. the high frequencies were not filtered out.
Electric pianos played through a guitar amp sound very dark and transparent with a mighty portion of thrust.
8. Is the Deeflexx suited for monitor cabinets (wedges)?
Yes – set up the wedge vertically, tweeter at the bottom, put the Deeflexx in front of the tweeter.
9. Is the Deeflexx suited for acoustic guitar amplifiers?
Yes – In close-up range the sound is significantly clearer, no matter if the musician is standing in front of the cab or sitting behind the amp. Due to the spherical sound dispersion both fellow musicians and audience can hear a transparent and full sound.
When you use an acoustic amp with a separate microphone input you can play without a PA in big rooms up to medium size halls. The musician can even sit behind the amp and sing and play guitar. The deeflexxed amp works like a monitor and PA.
10. Is it allowed to manufacture, distribute, sell or use copies of the Deeflexx?
No – Deeflexx is protected as EC design model, and patent applications are pending, inter alia, a European Patent Application.
The words HooVi and Deeflexx are registered as EC trademarks. Hence, commercial use is prohibited. It is not admissible to manufacture, distribute, sell or for instance publicly use copies.